Salt Rock State ForestSprague/Baltic, CT
Incorporated in the Connecticut state park system in 2001, Salt Rock State Forest is spread over 149 wooded acres in two separate parcels on what was once country farmland. Unique to the Connecticut park system, Salt Rock is the only state campground with many amenities of a modern campground, offering tent and recreational vehicle sites, showers, and more.
The campground sits along over one mile of the pristine, heavily wooded Shetucket River waterfront — an ideal scenic backdrop and spot to put in your kayak or cast a line.
173 Scotland Road
Sprague/Baltic, CT 06330
(8:00 a.m. – Sunset)
Main (860) 822-0884
- Old Rail Line Footpath
- Level of difficulty: Easy
- Approximate Length: Two miles
- Photo Locations: River view from bench or picnic tables, railroad tracks where trail crosses
- Fishing lots at Salt Rock Campground, behind pool
RESERVE A CAMPSITE
- Online: Visit Reserve America
- By phone: 1-877-668-CAMP (2267)
Campsite fees additional cost.
Yes, on leash